Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Module 3

Don't worry, the only things that got burned were the marshmallows.


My multiple intelligences test didn’t tell me much beyond what I already knew about myself. My highest score was logical-mathematical and my lowest was bodily-kinesthetic. The rest of the intelligences were all pretty similar in score. I am a very logical person and science and math are interesting to me. The preferred form of learning for this style is numbers and logic. I enjoy activities that require deductive reasoning such as Sudoku and minesweeper, and dare I admit it, I actually enjoy math when I finish a long complicated problem with the correct answer. I approach problems with a cause and effect point of view so I seek to fix the cause of the problem first. I view things in very black and white terms, emotions are not something I express easily and are hard for me to read very well in others. I found it no surprise that interpersonal and linguistic were tied for second to last place. Musical came in second on the test and this was somewhat unexpected. I play piano, albeit not very well, and I always have a song in my head. I had never really thought about using musical inclinations to help me with learning. I intrepreted the results to mean that I prefer logical-mathmatical styles of learning but that I can supplement that style with any of the other strengths listed, as one didn't seem to stand out that much farther ahead than another after my top strength. I find this true as I use writing out my notes, flash cards, speaking out loud and rereading when I study for a test.
Technology that could help me with my learning style includes the computer, on-line assessments, practice tests, and case studies, also there are on-line learning modules through my work, through BMJ learning, and the Mayo Clinic to name a few. Using the musical style I could incorporate music into my learning, make up songs to remember details, use music to help me focus, and use my i-pod to download podcasts that have subjects that are interesting to me. I spend much of my day on-line; I can use Google to find information on topics, Face book to connect with friends and colleagues, and email and chat to work on group projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment